Social Security is an important source of income in your retirement plan. There is over $2 trillion in accumulated Social Security funds, but there is a real danger of Social Security running out of funds.
At Retirement Planning Resources, we have designed a plan to help you start thinking about Social Security so you can obtain all the benefits you are entitled to and coordinate Social Security with the rest of your retirement income plan.
Who is eligible?
- You become eligible for Social Security by working in a Social Security covered job for at least 10 years.
What are the benefits?
- A predetermined amount of income – based on your earnings history.
- Guaranteed income – once you qualify, it is yours.
- Lifetime income – it will never run out no matter what age you live to.
- Inflation-adjusted income – your benefit increases each year with inflation.
- Survivor benefits – benefits are paid to spouses and dependents.
Millions of Americans depend on Social Security. For many, it is their primary source of retirement income. For others, it is an important supplement to their comprehensive retirement plan. Regardless, it is a maze of rules and regulations. How you use your Social Security benefits can make a great deal of difference during your retirement. Retirement Planning Resources can help you create a plan for your future. You can call us at 720-536-4961 to set up an appointment.
How will you use it?